Friday 20 July 2012

Very Funny.

Yesterday was a really good day. I was kept thoroughly busy at Harper's, and spent a while going through huge leather bound books that looked like they belonged on Harry Potter's back to school reading list full of archived Harper's Bazaar editions. They went all the way back  to the 1800s, with beautifully illustrated floor length gowns, right up to The Fab 5 of the 1990s. I loved pouring over the old ads and covers, all such great inspiration for some of the vintage clothes shopping we're hoping to hunt out!

As I was leaving Lisa told me that she has the day off today, so I do too! That means a whole extra day to explore NYC woohoo. The only problem is my outfit schedule will suffer... which outfit will be got rid of?? Ohh the stress.

Anyway, saving that difficult decision for later, I hurried home to tell my other half (who has become increasingly like my actual other half; she texted me to inform me that she was at the shop and was there anything I wanted? Marital Bliss right there) and she too has the day off which was obviously all very exciting and we celebrated by deciding what peanut butter confectionary to buy. SERIOUSLY, they are obsessed. Literally, obsessed. You can buy anything, ANYTHING, with peanut butter in it. Peanut butter pretzels. Peanut butter snickers. Peanut butter M&Ms. Peanut butter frozen yoghurt. You name it, you can get it. And then oh lord, the actual peanut butter! 'Blizzard Peanut Butter', being peanut butter with white chocolate. I know!! Insanity. Anyway, mild digression there, we were obviously thrilled by this extra day to see more of NYC together and promptly started making plans. We also decided to go to the Comedy Club just off Times Square for which we had been persuaded to buy tickets. So, last night, we ventured into the, sometimes awkward, land of stand up comedy.
It was in this slightly dingy room, but we'd been assured that all the cool kids hung out in places like this, if not, indeed this actuwwwal room, so we felt at home.
We were actually quite surprised by how good it was. Some of it got a bit repetitive (I could chant along with the couple in front of me every time they were asked how long they've been married. 24 years, anniversary just gawn. Why did every comedien feel this piece of information was necessary to their routine?? Maybe it's our British sense of humour getting in the way) and nearly all centred somewhat on being fat (they were all very fat I guess). But it was really very funny (a phrase on an ad that we have heard constantly. I hate to say 'private joke' but Rain would totally understand).

We then wandered back through Times Square, getting several funny looks as we posed for photos on the other side of the street from each other, and my Kanye West tops drew several comments (it is a great top, what can I say).



Our final call of the evening being Tasti D.Lite frozen yoghurt. I spent hours dithering over which flavour to have. Dither dither. My choice? You guessed it. Peanut butter. It was delicious.

2 comments:

  1. ugh i'm so jealous of you in peanut butter heaven.
    have you been to dylans candy bar yet?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really am and golly its great. NO!! Where is this place because it sounds totally up my street. You know me...

    ReplyDelete