Tuesday 17 July 2012

'Cute Jump'

I'm such a New Yorker these days.
When I leave work I 'grab' an iced coffee from Pick a Bagel and then I meander through Central Park back to my hostel, whist for breakfast I get a fruit salad or a croissant from one of the tiny stalls on Collumbus Circle. Then, in my lunch hour, I go to Balducci's, where they make the best salads of your choice (who knew dried cranberries would ever be nice in a salad?! Only in New York) and I sit on a high wooden stall in the window and watch the world hurry by and read a book.

I also love how everyone says good morning to each other! At first I was all suspicious and didn't reply other than a mumbled greeting to be read as 'stay away you perv I totally have pepper spray in my bag' but now that I've realised that it's just what's done I'm practically singing my good morning responses. This should seriously be taken up in London. Although maybe it's only successful in the sunshine. Gee that Biblical rain must really be getting y'all down...

Today I wore my Topshop jumpsuit with a pattern that looks like spaceships and Lisa said 'Cute Jump' and I was just thrilled.
It was crazy this morning with the final bits of the September Issue (capitals definitely required) being done so this afternoon I think everyone was on a bit of a comedown; I was sent out to get 5 dozen doughnuts so I think everyone was definitely in celebration mode
There's a very fabulous gay guy who waltzes about the place and who everyone clearly adores and is maybe a litttttle bit useless but kept on for his pure entertainment value, as a sort of pet.

The weather is almost as crazy as the whole September Issue debacle; it's really really reallyyyy hot but also really windy, which should be a relief but the wind is also really hot so it just feels like there is a giant breathing really heavily on the whole of New York.
Very strange.

Off for a swim... I'm itching to go for a run in Central Park to really cement my New Yorker status, but that might have to wait for tomorrow.



1 comment:

  1. I love "cute jump", and being a bit of a stalker I've looked up Lisa on google images - she is one stylish lady so be flattered!!

    ReplyDelete