Sunday 15 July 2012

Groomed and Nervous.

I'm groomed to an inch of my life.

I've set an alarm for far earlier than is necessary; my roomies are all going to loveee me tomorrow morning. Ahh well the joys of hosteling. (It is quite joyous actually. We've just been given hand made cake from a very jolly Australian who exclaimed 'bullshit' when I told her why I'm in New York and then promptly asked what I'm going to wear tomorrow. I keep saying I've been lucky with my roomies, but I can't have got such good luck to last me for the whole of my Europe gallivant and New York; I've come to the conclusion that most people are just nice).

I will definitely arrive unfashionably early and will be hanging around drinking coffee for a good half hour. Finally the supersize Starbucks on every street corner have their uses...

I've read and reread the latest edition of American Harper's (although this did only highlight how little I know) and have picked a favourite look for A/W (ooh yes look at me using the lingo) should they ask.

Only my desecrated cuticles give me away...

I am actually very excited, but am looking forward to tomorrow being completed and in the past, rather than unknown and in the future.


4 comments:

  1. And now it is in the past, and you are a fully-fledged fashionista....Knock em dead with your quirky laid back London cool and don't wreck that manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROSALINE THE DISCOVERY OF YOUR (other and much cooler) BLOG HAS MADE MY DAY! and made me feel slightly inadequate.

    but this is very exciting because I can follow all your amazingly exciting adventures :) miss you and hope it went well! xxx (its ellie, obvs)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellie!! This is in no way cooler or better; how can it be, there is no mention of cake and I for one feel that that is part of the definition of better and cooler. Althoughhhh, there is some v good looking New York cheesecake which I'm yet to sample, but will let you know what its like (and then we'll try to recreate it woo!)Its going amazing, can't wait to catch up/bake with you xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. In reply to realmum (who, btw, I've no idea who is): I'm a total fashionista, Lisa was like 'ooh cute jump!' about my jumpsuit today. Proud.

    ReplyDelete