Tuesday 17 July 2012

First Day

omgomgomg it was amazing!!

I did arrive absurdly early and nervously picked at my fruit salad and iced coffee (sorry, cawwwffee) for a bit before finally plucking up the courage to scurry through the imposing Hurst Tower revolving doors and ornate collumns.
I successfuly made it through security, who issued me with a visitor badge, and then went up the 25 floors to Harper's Bazaare.
I quickly found Lisa who is literally beyond lovely and very cool. She had glitter in her hair and all down the back of her neck, and when someone pointed this out she was all just like, yeahhh I was at a party and they strated pumping out glitter and it is a bitch to get off. And I just stood quitely, in awe of her coolness.
Then she gave me a tour and it's just like I imagined it would be!! We went through a room full of shoes, and rails of clothes in colour coded order, and girls laying out outfits on the floor, and there are mood boards leaning against the glass walls so that it looks like they're part of the New York skyline, and pictures of Kate Moss from the latest issue on the desks, and the actual editor in chief Glenda Bailey having an indepth conversation about which Dior jacket to use. I just drifted through it with this absurdly big smile on my face.

I have more to say, but I need to get to work! It's just a five minute walk from our new hostel but I need to get my morning cawwffee...
Until next time
xx

2 comments:

  1. Loving the blog - feels like I'm actually there too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sort of wishing you were, i can't wait to show off my fave ny hang outs, there's this one placed which does frappe which is TO DIE FOR. It's my new after work treat and makes me feel v cool and new yorkern and grown up

    ReplyDelete