Monday 23 July 2012

Home Comforts

Skype finally started working and I received several long emails from back home so that all of a sudden, and straight after I'd lamented on how great New York is in comparison to London, I felt home sick and in need of some err, comforting Home Comforts.
New York sure is great (phrase of the day I feel. I'll start saying 'uhuh' very cheerily in response to 'thank you' soon) but the thought of a strong cup of tea with a slice of Mama Williams banana bread, walking the dog in Richmond Park, reading The Times, or even getting on the tube, is suddenly very appealing!
Ahh well, off out for more randomness in New York City this evening, so I'm sure I'll get over that pretty quickly...

1 comment:

  1. Banana bread will be waiting for you when you return, I promise!! Summer has finally arrived in London so it's now hot and sweaty and Londoners are doing the usual grumpy "bloody tourists" bit, ten times worse than normal with the Olympics, traffic, heat etc - so not too much to feel homesick for.....

    ReplyDelete