Thursday 20 February 2014

Half Marathon & Drinking Beer

Nine minute miles for nine miles. BOOM.

I'm excited for the half marathon now, until recently I was really quite nervous. Training has not been easy what with the the hurricane force winds that have been battering the uk recently. Sometimes the wind is so strong that I'm running but not actually making any progress, like a cartoon running in midair before realising and crashing to the ground. I don't crash to the ground though, obviously. I just make no progress and feel frustrated and unfit. 

I'm going to a German beer festival (in Germany. Unsurprisingly.) with a group of friends next week; a solid week of drinking is ideal training I feel. So I'm doing what is in effect my last week of training before I bunk off to Germany and try to find a love of beer (I'm more a cocktail or g&t kinda gal, not that I've mentioned my active dislike of beer to anyone yet...) and then I have about six days to recover AND THEN thirteen miles beckons. 

A friend who went on the same trip last year informed me that he was hungover for over a week. 'You're going to struggle,' he helpfully said in regards to the half marathon 'you're going to suffer'. 
Boys are always such drama queens. I'm never as hungover as they are, purely because they are always so over dramatic about their suffering. I'll be totally fine. 

If you want to sponsor me for my second half marathon or want to know more here's the link:
http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=RosalineWilliamsbeatinged

Off for a run, have a happy Thursday!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment