Thursday 1 August 2013

Barcelona Excitement.


I'm going to Barcelona tomorrow!!! Eek I'm super duper excited.

Polly and I went to Barcelona last year as the first stop of our inter-rail journey and we fell in love with it,. If a city were an equation, Barcelona would be a very good equation; it's beautiful and has history and character and charm, but is also incredibly modern and cool and both aspects are culturally significant and it has an exciting night life and good weather and a beach.

Spain won the Euro Champions or something (a football event at any rate) and the entire city became a party venue. It was soooo much fun. We met a girl called Andrea in a crammed cocktail bar who was studying at Barcelona uni and she knew everyone and everything and she got us into places for free with just a smooth Spanish word and I literally wanted to befriend her forever. Sadly, she wrote her email address down for us on a piece of paper which Polly stowed safely in her purse, which transpired to be less safe when her purse was stolen, and so we never managed to thank her for such a wonderful night.

Andrea and I celebrating Spain's football win.


So tomorrow we return, accompanied by my sister. I'm really looking forward to showing her all the beautiful places we visited, as well discovering more, especially as we have more time. I'm particularly excited about the tapas experience, my sister will totally appreciate that.

I haven't yet started packing, although I have obviously drawn a plan of each of my outfits, and we leave at five tomorrow morning, so I should probably go and do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment