Wednesday 14 November 2012

Birthday Boots

Autumn is the season of new coats, boots and beginnings.
My mum taught me that and I have always strongly believed it. So when I saw these beauties I went into meltdown.



I dreamt about them (genuinely). Every outfit I wore was incomplete because I didn't have red studded boots upon my feet.
My yearning for these were made worse because of my current obsession with red (remember this? Yeah Valentino's fault.) and all things fierce. Which these certainly are.

Carefully folding the wrapping off the Zara Boot Box (I don't like ripping wrapping paper, ok?!) on my Birthday Breakfast, was a BIG MOMENT.  I was so excited that, no word of a lie, I nearly choked.

Once opened and after the usual birthday jig and kisses and hugs and some squeals, I put them on my feet and did not take them off again. For ooh, about a week.

They make me feel fantastic. Wherever I go in them, I strut to my own personal stereo that plays 'These Boots Were Made For Walking' in my head. And that's a pretty top feeling.

Because nancy is still better than Jessica. Just sayin'

(Thank you mum and dad)

1 comment:

  1. I had completely forgotten about those boots because I haven't seen them - makes me realise how much I'm missing out on with you in Bristol.....
    But I'll be stalking you here now as well as on Facebook...

    ReplyDelete