Tuesday 13 November 2012

19.


So, first things first, I turned 19!!!

If I'm honest (and I do always try to be) I wasn't really looking forward to my 19th Birthday.

Before you throw rotten veg at me for being such a miserable old fart, which would definitely be a reasonable reaction (not looking forward to birthdays is dull and should be criminal) and judge me horribly (because I am normally silly excited about my birthday - and actually, pretty much everyone else’s too - to the point that I'm actually annoying to others around me), I'll tell you why.

1. It felt way too old. I know, I know I'm hardly applying for a bus pass yet (although I am knitting – more on that later), but my final year as a teenager seems like quite a big, and not particularly jolly, deal. It definitely implies adulthood and responsibilities and own washing and no more glitter and animal socks.

2. All my friends were away!! My birthday was on September 28th (I am A W A R E how behind I am) and bloody Bristol didn’t start until the next day but all other unis had started nearly two weeks before hand (it was a miserable two weeks) so very few people were about. It was all v emotional I have to say.
3. I was going to uni the next day so was majorly stressing out about this massive rite of passage life changing event that was taking place the next day. So was a bit of a state really. You know me and my anxiety. My poor mother. Also, going to Bristol the next day meant that I didn’t reallyyy want to be horribly hungover (not the best way to meet the folk you’ll be living with for the next year) so has absolutely no idea what to do in order to celebrate my birthday. Stay in? Go for dinner? Clubbing? Drinks? Cocktails? You also know me and my chronicle indecision.
But, in the end, it was fab!!
I decided to have a small select few over for classy celebrations and we had a really lovely time/goodbye.
Polly (of previous post. That one) came down all the way from Manchester which made me very happy and was really very kind of her.
AND THEN, guess who Polly bought with her when she waltzed through the door just as we were cracking open the champagne?? Only Rain bloody Osgood!!! All the way from Brighton. For me. As a surprise. What a total babe.

I loved that everyone else knew and I had absolutely no idea. I’m such a goon (or just very easily influenced by champagne. Probably both.)








 
 
 
It was a really, really lovely evening. Spending it with people that I love the most (apart from three of my girls who were respectively in Leeds, Norwich and Birmingham) in a small, intimate way was so perfect. It was also a very lovely (and really quite heart breaking way)to say goodbye.
 

2 comments:

  1. The terribly smart boy! I LOVE the terribly smart boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still can't believe you came and I DIDN'T SEE YOU!! The terribly smart boy is pretty top. p.s the socks you gave me are probably the best thing ever.

      Delete