Monday 24 September 2012

Declaration of Love

So I'm finally off to Bristol on Saturday. All my friends went off to uni a week ago and I miss them so I'm superduper excited - although a little nervous - and I think that before I go I should do something crazy. Like, something totally mental. I've died the under bit of my hair at the back a really dark brown so that when I tie it up you can see a flash of dark, and it also peeks through when it's down.

However, although this does look, if I say so myself, v cool, and quite 90s grunge with my died blonde hair, it's hardly an act of insane rebellion before I leave for my new student life. So I want to declare my love for someone, too, because it's an insane thing to do and I think will feel liberating or something, and then I'll never see them again. So it won't be embarassing or awful. Is this making sense?

The only problem is that there isn't actually anyone who I have an undying passionate love for who doesn't know. That does rather make it sound like I go about telling people that I have an undying passionate love for them on a regular basis. I don't. I do fall in love randomly with people I see on the bus or the tube or walking down the street or serving me in shops quite a lot, but I rarely declare my love for them (actually, make that never) and I'm actually quite reserved and fussy when it comes to guys incase they're not the The Love of My Life and he's actually standing behind them. (I KNOW. Everyone tells me I'm absurd). My very specific 'type' - consisting predominantly of being Italian -  also makes all this undying love malarky a bit tricky.

BUT, when I was on the bus today heading off to Primark to buy 16 mens t-shirts - I got carried away - I saw Allessandro (probably his name) who used to work in my local cafe Nero, where I go a lot, and who is a) Italian and B) VERY ATTRACTIVE and I'd forgotten quite how beautiful he is and quite how much I want to marry him. If I've ever had an unspoken, passionate and undying love for anyone, it's for him. My best friend attempted to make a video of him singing Happy Birthday to me as an 18th birthday present because she knew it would make me lityerally hysterical. That's how much I love him. (He wasn't at work the day she went in with her camera, sadly.)

So, I need to declare my undying and passionate love for him. And the run away. Very fast.
If I see him, I'll do it. Errm...

1 comment:

  1. Alessandro is history! The Love of your Life is lurking somewhere in Bristol...GO FOR IT!!

    ReplyDelete