Friday 10 August 2012

Back AGAIN

Golly I'm just such a busy globe trotter that keeping this up is getting tricky. ('This' being informing the world wide web of my galevants, jaunts and adventures in a way that attempts to make me sound vaguely cooler than I actually am).
I got backm from Chamonix today, where I was staying at a friend's house with my group of girls. I know, I'm so Made In Chelsea, me. You'll be hearing all about the glam Chamonix high life after I catch up on NYC. I'm getting more out of a sync than Youtube on my almost antique pc. But, if I'm honest, I am liking the sound of my globe trotting ways in above sentence. My life is actually nothing like how that makes it sound, sadly. Case in point: the family (plus sister's boyfriend) is decamping to Devon tomorrow (talk about packing stress. Fastest turn around I have ever had to do. It was not jolly I have to say) to live in scruffy squalour for five days. We shall return to discover my fate on (whisper it) Dooms Day aka Results Day. Scary shit right there.

We've been going to the same place for my entire life, with various bits of extended family, and I think I do, and will, always carry a cardigan with me because of that place.It holds lots of very fond memories for me and I will always love it. We go to a teeny tiny little place on the sea called Torcross, near Salcombe and we always eat copious amounts of Devon ice cream and cornish pasties which, although consumed in the wrong county, are nonetheless delicious and turn blue whilst hardily swimming in the freezing sea and determindly sit on the beach in gale forces and drink lots of tea and get wet feet and walk along the sea wall.
That's what my summer holidays are normally like; none of this New York/Harper's nonsense which I've taken to like a duck to water.

So, to recap; I'm BACK (again) but hopefully will stick around a bit longer this time because Torcross is like civilisation in a sort of way and so hopefully I should be able to access the internet and so be able to catch up on eveything. the next installment of New York involves open top buses and sushi. Be excited my friends.
Also, photos will be going up, so take a look - at past posts too!

Hang in there folks, we will totes resync, just stay with me.

2 comments:

  1. Your room at home has been rented out for the duration of the summer and you never even noticed....

    ReplyDelete